Community Grant Program
A commitment to community
At California Bank & Trust (CB&T), it’s our goal to create California’s best banking relationships with a personalized approach in neighborhoods, towns and cities throughout the state.
With over $10 billion in assets and nearly 100 branch offices statewide, CB&T is committed to the prosperity of the communities in which we live and work. That’s why we award select charitable gifts to organizations that foster the growth and enrichment of our communities through the Community Development Grant Program.
Grants to meet vital community needs
Community development is a top priority for CB&T when awarding grants. Specific consideration is given to applicants who focus on providing vital community services to revitalize or stabilize low- and moderate-income communities, including those that promote:
• Affordable housing
• Small business/micro-enterprise development
• Community economic development
Priority is given to requests from organizations in geographic areas where CB&T has a presence. Grants are considered for both specific projects and for operating support. Support is generally given for a period of one year, so organizations must reapply for a grant each year to be considered for additional support.
Organizations applying for a grant are required to:
• Demonstrate fiscal and administrative stability by showing strong board commitment, good management policies and practices, and the ability to produce a budget and organizational financial statements
• Provide verification of nonprofit, tax-exempt organization status as defined under Section 501(c)3 of the IRS code
Organizations should have broad community support and be addressing specific community needs.
Grant application process
If you’re interested in applying for a grant from CB&T, please prepare a brief request containing the following information:
• A statement of the specific amount desired and purpose for the grant
• Background information about your organization, including key contact information
• A brief statement of your organization’s mission
• A copy of your IRS letter of designation (your 501(c)3), along with your tax identification number
• A current list of board members and their affiliations
• Financial information for the previous year and a budget for the current year
• The population of the geographic area your serve
• A list of sources and amounts of other funding obtained, pledged or requested for this purpose
This package should be sent to:
California Bank & Trust
Community Reinvestment Department
1940 Century Park East, Suite 120
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Please note that contents of all requests become the property of CB&T and may not be returned to applicants.
Also note that we cannot fulfill every request made. Given limited budgets and federal regulations, CB&T generally will not consider grants to: organizations without public charity status; memorial campaigns; fund-raising events; political activities; religious organizations for sectarian purposes; research; advertising; or organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed or sex.
Timing and grant award notification
Decisions regarding funding requests are ongoing. All requests are reviewed in a competitive process. Because of the volume of requests we receive, there may be some delay in responding to applicants.
Should you have additional questions regarding our Community Development Grant Program, giving guidelines or application procedures, please let us know in writing at the address listed above.