10 Reasons we’re proud to do business in California
There are countless reasons to be proud of working and living in California. Our state is renowned for its natural beauty and innovative spirit. Lesser known is the strength, size and diversity of the California economy—one of the largest in the world.
Across the state we work closely with businesses and individuals, helping them to grow and prosper through our local experience and connections. Here are just 10 of the reasons we’re proud to do business in California:
- California is the #1 state for women owned businesses, with over $1.3 million female business owners.
- California has 7 of the 14 happiest cities in the U.S.
- California is the #1 state for manufacturing, generating over $229 billion annually.
- California’s small businesses employ 52% of the workforce of the state.
- California is one of the 10 largest economies in the world with a gross state product of over $2 trillion.
- California is leading the nation in job creation, with 320,000 new jobs added in 2013.
- California has more Fortune 500 companies than any other state, 54 in total.
- California is the #1 exporter in the nation of computers and electronic products, accounting for 25.2% of all the state's exports.
- California is the 2nd largest state in international trade, with over $145 billion in international exports in 2013
- California has the largest tourism market in the nation at $106 billion spent by tourists in 2012.
Contact us to speak to a banker who understands California and your community.