Export-Import Bank Programs
California Bank & Trust participates in government-sponsored credit support programs, which can help you extend your global reach. These programs include:
Ex-Im Bank Working Capital Guarantee Program
Exporters often need access to working capital to begin exporting or expand internationally. As an Ex-Im Bank (Export-Import Bank of the United States) designated Delegated Authority lender, California Bank & Trust can approve working capital guarantee loans to help you fulfill your export orders of goods or services. Ex-Im Bank provides a 90% guarantee on working capital loans made by lenders.
Ex-Im Bank’s pre-export and post-export working capital financing is suitable for manufacturers, wholesalers and distributors. Our experienced International Trade Finance specialists can help qualify your loan and get it approved internally.
Use of Proceeds:
- Purchases of inventory (raw materials, work in progress and finished goods)
- Pay for costs (related to design, engineering, labor and overhead) to manufacture goods or services for export
- Finance foreign accounts receivables
- Cover Standby Letters of Credit used as payment guarantees, bid or performance bonds
- Cover Standby Letters of Credit used as warranty bonds
Ex-Im Bank Medium Term Loan Guarantee Program
The medium term loan program provides your foreign buyers of U.S. capital goods and services with extended credit terms. The Ex-Im Bank assists foreign buyers by guaranteeing term loans made through commercial lenders such as California Bank & Trust.
Benefits to U.S. Exporters:
- Allows foreign buyers to receive financing to purchase your U.S. capital goods or services
- Reduces your non-payment risk to emerging market buyers
- Secures longer-term financing to foreign buyers, allowing you to compete in international markets
- Increases your cash flow and export sales
Benefits to Foreign Buyers:
- Access to financing from U.S. commercial lenders at more attractive interest rates than in local markets
- Financing that can generally extend up to five years (or seven years in certain cases)
- Acquiring financing under favorable conditions not normally available
Please contact an International Trade Finance Specialist for more information about our International Banking Services.