SBA Export Loan Programs
SBA Export Express
The SBA Export Express Loan Program helps small businesses obtain financing to expand or enter new export markets. As a Preferred SBA (Small Business Administration) lender, California Bank & Trust makes credit decisions internally, providing you quicker access to financing. SBA provides participating lenders a 90% guarantee on loans and lines of credit of up to $350,000 made to small business borrowers.
Our experienced International Trade specialists are committed to helping your business grow internationally, and will guide you through the loan process each step of the way.
Use of Proceeds:
Loan proceeds are intended for business purposes to enhance a company’s export development. Examples include:
- Borrow against an export sales order or export letters of credit
- Participate in a foreign trade show
- Translate product literature for use in foreign markets
- Acquire machinery or equipment to be used in the production of goods for export
- Finance standby letters of credit used for either bid or performance bonds
SBA Export Working Capital Program (EWCP)
Many U.S. banks do not provide working capital advances on export orders, export receivables, or letters of credit.
This could be challenging for a company with growing export sales or when a single large export order is received. SBA’s Export Working Capital Program is designed to make financing available so that qualified small business exporters do not lose viable export orders due to a lack of working capital.
The SBA EWCP Program provides participating lenders a 90% guarantee on loans and lines of credit of up to $5 million. California Bank & Trust can support sales to foreign buyers by offering pre-export and post-export working capital financing.
Use of Proceeds:
- Issuance of standby letters of credit used as bid or performance bonds or down payment guarantees
- Payment for the manufacturing costs of goods for export
- Financing of up to 100% of direct costs associated with a specific export order
- Financing of foreign accounts receivable
Please contact an International Trade Finance Specialist for more information about our International Banking Services.