- What can I do to make sure my financial information stays secure?
- What alternatives do I have to foreclosure?
- How can I transfer funds to a friend or family member?
- On a stop payment request, how do I know when the check is stopped?
- What does the confirmation number mean on the stop payment request?
- What if I enter the wrong check number on a stop payment request?
- What is a Direct Deposit?
- When can I change or delete transfers?
- How are recurring transfers processed?
- What determines the date range for which I can view transfers?
- What happens if the transfer date I enter is on a weekend or a bank holiday?
- What information is required to transfer funds?
- When does a transfer execute?
- Why is my transfer disallowed/failed?
- How do I enroll?
- What is Enhanced Account Protection?
- How does Enhanced Account Protection protect me?
- How does it work?
- What is the PIN for Enhanced Account Protection?
- How many phones can I enroll in Enhanced Account Protection?
- What if I lose, or no longer have access to, my mobile phone that is enrolled in Enhanced Account Protection?
- What if I'm traveling outside the US?
- What has changed in overall online banking?
- What has changed specifically for Direct business Internet banking?
- How do I hide or unhide accounts from view?
- Where can I download transactions?
- Where can I see check, deposit, or withdrawal slip images?
- Where can I find eStatements and eNotices?
- Where can I find bill Pay?
- How do I schedule recurring transfers or transfers for a future date?
- How do I cancel a transfer?
- How do I edit or delete a recurring or future transfer?
- What is a Transfer to a friend account?
- How do I add a Transfer to a friend account online?
- What is an external account? (DirectNET Consumer Online Banking only)
- How do I add an external account? (DirectNET Consumer Online Banking only)
- How do I verify my new external Transfer account? (DirectNET Consumer Online Banking only)
- How do I change my preferred online banking email address?
- How do I remove an email address?
- What is Enhanced Account Protection (EAP)?
- How do I add a new user? (Direct Business Internet Banking)
- How do I entitle users? (Direct Business Internet Banking)
- How do I reset user passwords or change user login IDs? (Direct Business Internet Banking)
You can help safeguard your information with the following practices:
- Protect your password. Your password is the only way to get access into your account, so keep it secure.
- Do not leave your computer unattended with your personal banking session open. While there is an automatic timed log out if there is no activity, your information will be more secure if you exit your online banking before leaving your PC.
- Click Exit when you are finished with your online banking rather than just closing your browser, or going to another web page. Use the Exit button to make sure someone else cannot access your information after you leave. If there has been no activity for a few minutes, you will be automatically logged out, but it is better practice to exit the session first.
- Do not put sensitive account-related information in regular e-mail. E-mail is not secure. Unlike e-mail, the Messages area of Personal Banking is a secure channel. If you have an account-related issue, create a message within the Messages area of Personal Banking.
- Upgrade your computer to keep your virus protection software up to date.
Your temporary alternatives are:
- Reinstatement of loan
- Forbearance Plan to reduce or suspend payments temporarily
- Repayment Plan to resume and repay unpaid portions of your loan
If your situation needs a more long-term alternative, your options are:
- Sale of property
- Partial claim to a one-time interest-free loan.
Contact us today so we can help you find an alternative to foreclosure!
Banking is made even easier with Transfer-to-a-Friend - a free online banking feature that allows CB&T Online Banking customers to transfer funds from your account to the account of another online banking customer at CB&T.
There are time-related conditions that must be met before a payment can be stopped. If you have questions about processing conditions for a stop payment request, contact us.
The confirmation number is a tracking number for you and us. It supplies a record of the request. The confirmation number does not indicate that the payment has been stopped. There are conditions for stopping a check. If you have questions about a stop payment request, contact us.
Provide as many details as possible with your stop payment request. This will help us catch inconsistencies or possible errors. If you receive a confirmation number for a request that you discover is incorrect, contact us immediately to see what actions are available to you.
Direct Deposit is a service that enables a customer to have funds electronically deposited into an account. This is common in the case of an employer electronically depositing and employee's payroll into a particular account.
You cannot change or delete a transfer that is already in progress. You can change or delete any information for a transfer that has a status of Scheduled or Disallowed. You must be the originator of the transfer to change or delete it. You can change a single transfer to a recurring transfer, but you cannot change a recurring transfer to a single transfer. You can change or delete a transfer before the transfer date as long as the status of the transfer is not In Progress.
As soon as you set up a recurring transfer, the first transfer of the series appears on the Transfers page. When the first recurring transfer is made, the next recurring transfer appears on the Transfers page.
The recurring transfer starts on the date you enter in the Transfer Date field and recurs based on the frequency you enter in the Frequency field. For example, you create a recurring transfer of $100 from your checking account to your savings account. You enter a start date of 01/04/2008, which is on a Friday. For each frequency, assuming valid processing days, the transfer would be made as described below, based on the ending criteria for the transfer:
- One time only – Friday, January 4, 2008
- Every week – Every Friday
- Every two weeks – Every other Friday
- Every month – On the 4th of every month
The date range in the View Transfers fields on the Transfers page determines the days for which you can view transfers. The default date range is based on the number of days in the past and the number of days in the future from the current system date that we selected. You can change the dates in the View Transfers fields to the dates for which you want to view transfers.
We determine the processing days and times for all transactions. If you enter a transfer on a non-processing day or after the cut-off time for daily processing, we will process your transfer on either the previous or the next closest processing day.
The following conditions and information are required to transfer funds:
- You must be set up at your financial institution to transfer funds.
- You must have at least two different accounts, one account capable of transferring funds and one account capable of receiving funds.
- The transfer amount is required, and the transfer must be in the currency of the from account.
When the transfer date is equal to the current date, the transfer status moves from Scheduled to In Progress. Based on whether your financial institution processes transfers in batch or real-time mode, the transfer might be executed immediately or on a predetermined schedule. When the transfer is complete, the transfer status moves from In Progress to Completed, if the transfer was successful, or Disallowed, if the transfer failed. If the transfer failed, the system displays a message for the reason for the failure, and you have the opportunity to correct the transfer and try to execute it again.
A disallowed/failed transfer is a transfer that has been rejected, typically for insufficient funds. You can tell when a transfer is disallowed/failed because you see in the Status field on the Transfers page. Disallowed/failed transfers are not displayed on the Activity page.
For a disallowed/failed transfer, you can choose to delete the transfer or change it and reschedule it.
Note: If you close your account, scheduled transfers can become disallowed/failed transfers if they are processed after your account is closed.
Simply contact California Bank & Trust (CB&T) DirectNETSM Consumer Online Banking Customer Service at (888) 217-1265 or Direct Business Internet Banking at (877) 650-0095, and an Online Banking Customer Service Representative will activate your account for Enhanced Account Protection. Once your enrollment is processed at the bank (2-3 business days), the next time you log into Online Banking you will have a message on your MyBank page that will prompt you to complete the enrollment with your mobile phone. You will also be prompted to finish your enrollment if you try and execute a transfer that requires Enhanced Account Protection (EAP) verification.
Enhanced Account Protection is an additional layer of security that helps safeguard specific types of online banking transactions, using your mobile phone for authentication. It's a free service that can help enhance your online banking security.
Enhanced Account Protection can help protect you from online fraud by requiring you to enter a security code before completing specific types of transactions. This code is sent to an enrolled mobile phone when executing Transfer to a Friend transfers greater than or equal to $500 and External Account transfers greater than or equal to $1,000.
- Step 1 – Request a code. We'll ask you to request a security code (SMS token) for specific transactions. This code will be delivered to your mobile phone.
- Step 2 – Enter the code and your EAP PIN. Once you receive the security code on your mobile phone, just enter that code in your Online Banking session for verification, along with your EAP PIN.
- Step 3 – Code approved. Once the code and PIN are validated in Online Banking, just proceed with your transaction.
A PIN (Personal Identification Number) is separate from a security code (SMS token). The PIN provides additional security by authenticating that you know personalized credentials when verifying transactions. Unless we notified you of a temporary PIN, it is a 4 to 9 digit number that you selected. The PIN for EAP is separate from the PIN for other products or services.
You can enroll one mobile phone per user for Enhanced Account Protection. You may change the phone number through Online Banking once enrolled: from the navigation menu, select Home, then Enhanced Account Protection, and Modify Phone.
If you believe your mobile phone is lost or stolen, you should immediately change your Online Banking Login ID and Password, and contact CB&T DirectNET ConsumerOnline Banking Customer Service at (888) 217-1265 or Direct Business Internet Banking at (877) 650-0095 for assistance in updating your Enhanced Account Protection enrollment.
If you are traveling outside of the US and are attempting to make a transaction that requires Enhanced Account Protection, please call CB&T DirectNET Consumer Online Banking Customer Service at (888) 217-1265 or Direct Business Internet Banking at (877) 650-0095.
The online interface and navigation has been greatly improved, making it easier for you to complete your banking needs online. After login, you will be directed to the My Bank page, which provides a summary of your banking information with top navigation tabs and links to frequently-used banking services. The My Bank summary page displays the following features:
- A summary of your account, loan, and credit card balances
- Access to Quick Transfers for moving money between accounts quickly
- A new Info Center to inform you of unread security alerts, account messages, and personal reminders
- A quick view of your most recent pending, cleared, and scheduled transactions
- A printer-friendly view of your My Bank summary page
The services page has also been redesigned to organize links to other online services into different categories to help you find what you're looking for.
The My bank page is a new feature for Direct Business Internet Banking. This page shows your account balances and gives you other highly used features like quick transfers, message inbox and most recent transactions, all on one page.
- The Admin tab allows CSAs (Customer System Administrators) to create new users, reset user passwords, and update entitlements without calling or going into a branch.
Accounts on the My bank page are separated into account types, such as Checking, Savings, Credit Cards, Loans, etc. To hide or unhide an account type, click on the arrow icon to the right of each account type.
You can also create a My favorites view from the My bank view dropdown. This option allows you to create different views of accounts, simply by selecting which accounts you would like shown on your My bank page.
If you would like to hide or unhide an account from all of Online Banking, use the account Preferences feature, found on the home tab, under the Preferences sub menu. Account Preferences allows you to select which accounts should display throughout your Online Banking, as well as to select which account is your preferred account. Preferred accounts become the default account when you view account activity, including in the Transactions section on the My bank page.
In the accounts tab, select balances in the sub menu. Locate the Download drop down menu in the accounts panel. From this drop down menu, select Quicken, QuickBooks, or Comma Separated (.csv) file to download your account transaction history. (Internet Explorer is not an available browser for this feature until mid-May)
To view transaction images, click on your account in account balances from the My bank page—or select activity under the accounts tab. Make sure you are viewing the correct account in the selection menu. Once you locate the transaction, click on the link in the Transaction column to view an image of the item. If an image is available, there will be an orange check image next to the transaction.
Note: To narrow your search, you may need to use the Search By options to adjust the date range or to display only checks or deposits.
Access your eStatements and eNotices from the submenu link titled eStatements/eNotices under the Accounts tab. You can also find a link on the Services page, under the My Account Documents list.
Note: If you are a business client with limited user access, please contact your Customer System Administrator (CSA) to ensure this service is enabled in your user/account entitlements.
bill Pay is located under the Payments tab.
From the Transfers tab, select Create Transfer from the sub-menu or by clicking the Create Transfer link to the right of the Transfers panel.
- To create a transfer for a future date, click on the calendar icon next to the date. After you have entered your preferred future date, the From and To accounts, and the transfer amount, click the Preview button.
- To schedule a recurring transfer, click the checkbox next to Make This a Recurring Transfer. Select the frequency (Every Week, Every Two Weeks, or Monthly) from the dropdown menu. You can also select the number of transfer occurrences or click the checkbox next to no end to continue the transfer ongoing.
From the Transfers main page, select the scheduled sub tab in the data area. A list of future-dated transfers will display. Click on the account link under the from account column to edit the transfer.
To cancel the transfer, click the Delete button. You will be asked to confirm cancellation of the transfer.
Note: Pending transfers cannot be deleted or edited.
From the Transfers main page, select scheduled sub tab in the data area. A list of future-dated transfers will display. Click on the account link under the from account column to edit the transfer. For recurring transfers, make sure to select one of the following options at the top of the page:
- The series of transfers: allows changes to the recurring transfer settings, or
- The current transfer only: allows changes to the current transfer selected. From this page, you can then edit the From and To accounts, the amount, date, recurring rules (if applicable), and the memo. Click Preview to review your transfer changes and submit to confirm.
This feature allows you to transfer money to your friend's CB&T Bank account that you do not own. Friend Accounts display in your Transfer To drop down list when creating a transfer.
Click on other accounts under the Transfers Tab. Select the add friend's Cb&T account link to the right of the friends account panel and follow the prompts.
Note: In order to add the Friend Account, you must know their account number and they must be enrolled in DirectNETSM Consumer Online Banking or Direct Business Internet Banking.
External Transfers allow you to transfer money to or from your CB&T account to an account you own at another financial institution.
Note: Please allow 1–2 business days for the transaction to process at your other financial institution.
Click on other accounts under the Transfers Tab. Select the add My external account link to the right of the external Transfer accounts panel and follow the prompts. After you complete the online form, two small deposits and one withdrawal transaction will be sent to your External Account. You must verify the small deposits to confirm you are an authorized owner of that account.
Note: In order to add the External Account, you must be an owner of that account, know the account number and the account type (checking or savings), and verify that you can access the account. Please allow 1–2 business days for the two small deposits and withdrawal transaction to process at your other financial institution.
Select other accounts from the Transfers tab. Under the external Transfer accounts panel, your active and pending External Accounts will display. Your new External Account will show a status of In Progress while we send the small deposits to the External Account. After the small deposits have been processed by your other financial institution, the status will change to Verify. Click on the verify link to enter the small deposit amounts received in your External Account.
From the home tab, under the Preferences sub menu drop down, select address/email Preferences.
Or, from the services tab under My Preferences panel, select address/email Preferences. Click on the Change email link in the lower right corner. From this Manage Delivery options page, you can add a new email address by clicking the add Delivery options button. Enter the nickname, address, and click the check box in the Preferred column. Click the submit button to review and confirm your changes.
Note: New email addresses must be verified before they are added to your profile. An email will be sent to the new email address with a Confirmation Code that must be entered when you preview your email request in Online Banking.
From the home tab, under the Preferences sub menu drop down, select address/email Preferences. Or, from the services tab under My Preferences panel, select address/email Preferences. Click on the Change email link in the lower right corner. From this Manage Delivery options page, click on the check box to the far right of the email address entry and click the red “x” button to delete the email address.
Note: there must always be at least one email address in your online profile.
Enhanced Account Protection is an SMS transaction-based authentication service that helps safeguard certain Online Banking activity by using your mobile phone for authentication.
Select the admin tab and click on add a new user. Follow the prompts to assign a Login ID and temporary password, and to assign the security level and user access. Once you are done, the new user can login to Online Banking.
Select the admin tab to view a list of existing users. Select the user you wish to entitle by clicking on their name. Under user access, select from the following options:
- Full: The user will have read and write access for all existing and future accounts and services.
- Custom: The user will have restricted access to certain accounts and services that you choose from the account entitlements settings, which will display on the next page if this option is selected.
- None: The user will not have any access to accounts or services. Note: If additional access is being granted to a user, the user may need to log out and back into Direct Business Internet Banking to see the change.
Select the admin tab to view a list of existing users. Select the user you wish to entitle by clicking on their name.
- To reset the password, click on the Reset Password hyperlink. Enter and confirm the new temporary password before hitting the submit button.
- To change a user Login ID, edit the text in the Login ID field and then click the save and Continue button.